Offices in St. George and Cedar City — Serving Southern Utah
For decades, the St. George criminal defense attorneys of Douglas D. Terry & Associates have been committed to protecting our clients' rights, reputations, and freedom. Learn more here about what we do for our clients, why you should call us, and the kinds of Utah criminal charges we regularly defend. Our attorneys are Southern Utah locals — we know Utah law and courts, and we're prepared to achieve the best results possible in your case.
Contact us today for a free consultation.
Cases We Defend
What Can We Do to Help?
- Early preparation, including legal research and defense identification
- Early investigation and identification of all facts helpful to your defense
- Interview police to minimize or eliminate the case
- Interview the prosecutor to minimize or eliminate the case
- Interview all witnesses
- Reduce or eliminate bail requirements
- Provide emotional support to loved ones and ensure that they are continually updated as to the status of your case
- In appropriate cases, negotiate jail alternatives
- Obtain an evaluation report from a court approved psychologist (to show counseling may be a better alternative to jail)
- Coordinate a private lie detector test
- Develop appropriate motions to dismiss the case
- Develop appropriate motions to suppress evidence
What Can You Do to Improve the Outcome of Your Case?
- Gather documentation of your good character (reference letters, employment history, community service, etc.)
- Exercise your right to remain silent
- Retain qualified counsel as soon as possible
- Keep a diary of all significant events and potential witnesses (this information will help your attorney prepare the best possible defense)
- DO NOT investigate your own case
Learn more about our Utah criminal defense attorneys, who have handled thousands of cases. To put our experienced team to work for you, contact us by completing our online form or calling (435) 628-4411.